Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Milk Powder – ½ cup
Coco or baking chocolate powder – 1 tablespoon
Ghee – 4 to 5 tablespoon
Warm Milk – ½ cup
- Put ghee in a kadai and heat it. Add maida to the ghee and fry for two to three minutes or till you get nice aroma.
- Remove it and add milk powder and mix thoroughly. Keep it aside.
- Stir coco or chocolate powder in the warm milk and keep it.
- Put ½ cup water to the sugar and boil it till it reaches soft ball consistency. Add maida little by little and mix well.
- Add the chocolate mixed with the milk and stir thoroughly.
- Stir continuously till it become thick and leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Put it in a greased plate and spread it. When it is cool, cut it into squares.
Note: You can also make this burfi using bournvita or drinking chocolate instead of coco.
In that case use ½ cup bournvita or drinking chocolate. You can also add condensed milk instead of milk powder.
You can make double colour burfi also.
First make the burfi only with maida and milk powder and add vanilla or any desired essence and spread it on a greased plate.
Cool it thoroughly. Then make the above chocolate burfi and pour over the maida burfi already prepared.
Spread it and cool it. When it is cool, cut it into desired shape.