37 total views, 6 views today
Here is a simple method to perform Skanda Shasti Puja at home. You can do this Puja on all six days of the Skanda Shasti Vratam or on the Soorasamharam day.
Before beginning any Hindu puja try to create a calm and pleasant atmosphere. Try to keep all the puja items near you.
Puja Items Needed
- Small murti (idol) or picture of Ganesha
- A vel or picture of Lord Subrahmanya
- Sandal Paste, water, turmeric, kumkum, flowers and usual puja items
After bath, clean the puja area.
- First pray to Lord Ganesha for removing all obstacles.
Now the main Puja begins
- First meditate on Lord Muruga – You can do this silently or by chanting Om vali devasena samedha Shri Subrahmanya Swaamine namaha dhyaayaamii
- Now invoke Lord Muruga – Take the idol or picture or Vel and keep it near you or hold it in your hands. You can silently pray to Muruga or chant Om Vali devasena… swaamine namaha aavaahayaamii
Now you can place the idol in the appropriate place chosen by you in the puja area – you can chant – Om aasanam samarpayaamii
- Now you can sprinkle some water – Om…namaha arghyam
- Now you can pour some water on the feet or near the Vel – Om… namaha paadhyam
- Sprinkle some water again – Om… namaha aachamaniyam
- Now you can sprinkle rose water or usual water – Om… oupachaarika snaanam
- Sprinkle some water again as final purification – Om…snaanaanandharam aachamaniyam
- Now you can offer turmeric paste or if you have special dress for idol you can offer it –Om… vastraartham akshadaam
- Now you can offer Sandal Paste to the Vel or idol – Om gandhaan dhaarayaami
- Now you can do decorations with flowers or garlands – Om…gandhsyopari alankaaranaartham akshadaam
- Now you can offer kum kum – Om…haridraa kumkumam
- Finally, you can offer some flowers – Om…pshpaih poojayaami
Now you can light the lamp and chant Skanda shashti kavacham, Subrahmanya Bhujangam or read Skanda Purana or any tale related to Lord Muruga.
You can also perform archana after lighting the lamp or your usual method of daily puja with camphor and agarbathis.
If you have prepared any food (navediyam) you can offer it to the lord and perform Arathi.
At the end of the Puja you can thank Lord Ganesha for helping in successfully conducting the pooja.