Irresistible Rava Ladoo Recipe – Celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with Sweet Delights
Ganesh Chaturthi is a time of devotion, celebrations, and delectable treats. Among the array of offerings, Rava Ladoo stands out as a beloved choice. These aromatic and sweet semolina-based spheres are not only a delight for the taste buds but also a symbol of love and reverence. Join us as we share the secret to crafting these mouthwatering Rava Ladoos for a festive celebration that truly delights.
- 1 cup fine rava (semolina)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (cashews, almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron strands (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Roasting the Rava:
- Heat a pan over medium heat and dry roast the fine rava until it turns aromatic and slightly golden. Set aside.
- Toasting the Nuts:
- In the same pan, add a teaspoon of ghee and roast the chopped nuts until they become golden. Set aside.
- Combining Rava and Coconut:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the roasted rava and grated coconut. Mix well to distribute the coconut evenly.
- Preparing the Sugar Syrup:
- In a small pan, heat the powdered sugar with a tablespoon of water. Cook until the sugar melts and forms a syrup.
- Creating the Ladoo Mixture:
- Pour the sugar syrup over the rava and coconut mixture.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron strands (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- Adding Ghee and Nuts:
- Mix everything well to combine. The mixture should come together when pressed.
- Shaping the Ladoos:
- Grease your palms with a little ghee. Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a round ladoo. Press gently to ensure it holds its shape.
- Set and Serve:
- Place the shaped Rava Ladoos on a plate and let them set for a while.
- Enjoy and Share:
- Once the ladoos have cooled and set, they are ready to be enjoyed.
- Share the festive joy by offering these delightful treats to Lord Ganesha and sharing them with family and friends.
With our Rava Ladoo recipe, you can add a touch of sweetness and devotion to your Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. These golden-hued ladoos, made with semolina, coconut, and aromatic spices, are a testament to the festive spirit and culinary traditions. Craft these sweet delights with love and share them to spread joy and blessings on this auspicious occasion.