The light symbolizes knowledge, illuminating and “en-lighten-ing” us. The light emanating from the ghee lamp removes darkness, ignorance and evil. The light or knowledge shows us the way out of our problems, fears, tensions, and unhappiness. The light of a ghee lamp is believed to bring in prosperity, as knowledge or wisdom is the greatest form of wealth. The wick is a symbol of energy and light where a light emits brightness.
Here we have listed the benefits as per oil which is used for lighting lamp..
Cow’s ghee/ Pure ghee:
- Ensures prosperity health and happiness.
- Special oil to please Lord Ganapati. Coconut oil attracts the blessings from Lord Ganesha.
Gingely Oil or Sesame Oil:
- Ensures removal of obstacles and evil effects that haunt you.
- Very popular for praying to Lord Shani or to please Saneeswaran during the Shani Mahadasha, Antardasha and Sade-sati periods of Saturn.
- Can be used as it helps bring in prosperity into the house
- Ensures fame, happy family life, and to gain a devotional mind set.
Panchadeepa Oil – Best Oil for Lighting Lamp
- Panchadeepa Oil is the best oil for lighting lamp and it is highly recommended for lighting lamp regularly. It is a mixture of 5 oils. Read below for making Panchadeepa Oil at Home.
How to make Panchadeepaam Oil in home?
- You can make this at home. Mix Coconut Oil/Gingelly Oil, Castor Oil, Neem Oil, Iluppai (mahua tree) Oil and Cow’s Ghee in the ratio of 3:2:1:2:2 respectively.
Benefits of Panachadeepa Oil:
- A Panchadeepa Oil lamp will mitigate all evil.
- Keep the home and its inmates protected from evil, illnesses and bad thoughts and evil eye.
- It ensures prosperity and all forms of wealth.
- The granaries in the house are full and the home is brimming with joy and laughter.
- Children will be healthy and obedient.